COVID-19 Pandemic: Water tank donations to encourage and maintain hygiene throughout Kenya – April/May 2020
In the months of April and May 2020, BAPS Charities together with significant efforts from Jumbo Quality Products, and numerous volunteers made donations of Water tanks throughout Kenya. The POA Tanks brand of tanks were donated to County governments and other organizations.
In total a staggering 1,114 water tanks for hand washing were donated, providing a vital solution in slowing down the COVID-19 Pandemic across the country.
The donations were made as follows:
- 200 water tanks to the Governor of Kitui county Her Excellency Charity Ngilu for distribution within the county
- 5 water tanks for major bus stops in Kisumu County
- 8 water tanks for Kisumu County Prison
- 25 water tanks to Madame Atieno Otieno for Ahero Women’s Groups and Sacco’s.
- 50 water tanks of 250 litres to Mombasa county for distribution within the county
- 20 water tanks of 250 litres to KCB bank Mombasa for their branches in the area
- 20 water tanks of 250 litres to Kilifi County for distribution within the county
- 2 water tanks to Kisumu Boys High School
- 2 water tanks to a Church in Kisumu
- 25 water tanks Central police station in Nakuru County, for onward donations to Arap Moi children’s home, QK children home and other Children’s homes in the Nakuru area
- 100 water tanks for Kajiado county to the Governor His Excellency Ole Lenku for distribution within the country
- 100 water tanks for Uasin Gishu County to the Deputy governor His Excellency Daniel Chemno.
- 100 water tanks of 250 litres for Machakos County to Governor Alfred Mutua
- 1 water tank of 10,000 litres, 4 water tanks of 5000 litre and 5 washing containers donated to Mathari National teaching and referral hospital, Nairobi. A specialised hospital for mental health, accommodating 700 inpatients
- 3 water tanks to Kayole police station in Athi River
- 40 water tanks of 250 litres donated in conjunction with the Hindu council, Nairobi
- 3 handwash tanks to Grace Children’s Home in Kayole
- 1 handwash tank to office of the area Chief in Njiru, Nairobi
- 100 water tanks of 250 litres for Elgeyo Marakwet to the Deputy Governor, the CEC Health and MCA.
- 100 water tanks of 250 litres for Siaya county
- 100 water tanks of 250 litres for Meru county to His Excellency Governor Kiraitu Murungi
- 100 Tanks of 250 litres for Makueni to His Excellency Governor Kivutha Kibwana
The Governors and all officials who received the water tanks for their respective areas and organizations affirmed these donations were timely and shall go a long way in maintaining hygiene to slow the spread of COVID-19. They were very appreciative of the efforts of BAPS Charities, Jayesh Patel (Jumbo Quality Products), and all Volunteers.