COVID-19 Pandemic: Initiative to stop the spread, March 2020 – Kenya
The COVID-19 pandemic marks an unprecedented time in modern history that will require the best from humanity to overcome. The new coronavirus has taken thousands of lives and spread to nearly every country in the world. In March 2020 BAPS Charities Kenya started to support immediate and long-term relief and recovery for communities within the country. As a first step to protect the spread, hand washing is seen as a major solution.
In the last few weeks of March 2020, BAPS Charities together with significant efforts of Mr. Jayesh Trikambhai Patel from Jumbo Quality Products made donations of Water Tanks throughout Kenya. Their POA Tanks brand of tanks were donated to a few County governments and organizations for onward distribution to Police Stations, Administrative Offices, Prisons and Immigration Offices amongst others.
For immediate use of the Kisumu County and to help fight the spread of COVID-19, 15 tanks of 460 litres capacity and 25 tanks of 230 litres capacity were donated. All tanks were fitted with taps and were put to use immediately.
Furthermore, several other donations were made across various parts of the country as listed below:
- 2 tanks of 230 litres to The Kisumu Fire Department
- 9 tanks to Mrs. Rafia Khan for distribution to Mosques – Kisumu
- 3 tanks of 230 litres to the Dunga Children’s Orphanage – Kisumu
- 25 tanks of 230 litres to the Health Ministry – Kisumu
- 10 tanks of 230 litres to County Development Fund Officials – Westlands, Nairobi
- 5 tanks of 230 litres to Machakos County Police – Machakos
- 3 tanks of 230 litres to Machakos County Health Office – Machakos
- 13 tanks of 230 litres to Nairobi County Police – Nairobi
The officials who received the POA Tanks said the donation was timely and urgently needed and will go a long way in helping prevent the spread of the virus.
Mr. Jayesh Trikambhai Patel of POA Tanks has committed to supporting this significant cause and donating more tanks across the country in the coming weeks.