BAPS Charities aims to serve individuals, families and communities in need by providing high quality, low cost health care.
Annual health fairs are at the core of BAPS Charities’ medical services. Physicians and technicians regularly volunteer their expertise to provide medical care and advice to the increasing number of people who lack access to quality health care.
In 2009, BAPS Charities Health Fairs were organized at 27 centers where 1718 health care professionals gave services to 9422 patients.
To help individuals lead a healthier life, BAPS Charities is proud to offer these services in 2010 at communitie nationwide.
May 16, 2010
09:00 am to 02:00 pm
|No. of Participants
|No. of Doctors
|No. of Allied Health Professionals
|List of Services provided
A) Primary care counseling
• Internal Medicine (200)
• Pediatrics (15)
B) Consultation services
• Cardiologist (45)
• Orthopedics (55)
• Podiatrist (40)
• Nutritionist (20)
• Pulmonologist (45)
• Acupuncture and Pain Management (80)
C) Blood tests:
• CBC (574)
• Basic metabolic panel (574)
• Lipid panel (574)
• Liver function tests (574)
• Thyroid function tests (574)
D) Screening / checkups:
• Blood pressure screening (610)
• Obesity (BMI) screening (610)
• Diabetes screening (CBG)* (610)
• Eye checkup (225)
• Dental checkup (275)
• ENT checkup (42)
• EKG (325)
• Bone density screening / DEXA scan (170)
• Self breast examination (85)
|Free Equipments distributed
||• 30 Netipost
• 50 Portion Control Tray for Diabetics
• Tooth Paste, Toothbrush, Dental Floss, Mouth Fresheners
I am glad to learn about the BAPS Charities Health Fairs across the world. These health fairs benefit the community a lot and I appreciate your services.
– Dr. Vinod Shah, President of AAPI
I have been involved with BAPS Charities and have been volunteering since a couple of years. I see that each year there has been an increase in the facilities and services being provided.
– Mr. Thomas Dernoga, Chairman, PG County Council
I am glad to see so many doctors from different specialties under one roof. It was very valuable to me to get advice from so many doctors free of cost.
– Mr. Raju Patel, Health Fair participant from Boyds, MD
I have been participating in the BAPS Charities Health Fair since last 4 years. I feel that this is a valuable service to the community which is especially prone to cardiovascular disease. Past BAPS Charities Health Fairs have resulted in early detection of heart related issues for many participants.
– Dr. Anil Shah, Cardiologist
I look forward to be part of a very noble cause every year. Thanks for arranging a wonderful event year after year!
– Dr. Mahesh Shah, Cardiologist
The BAPS Charities Health Fair was very much effective because many participating doctors could create the health awareness to prevent many critical conditions.
– Dr. Avani Shah