BAPS Charities Tanzania has sponsored 100 heart surgeries for disadvantaged children and has been monitoring the progress of this program.
On 7th March 2016 , two BAPS Charities Volunteers visited the Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Center and witnessed the following children being operated :
- Shadiya Jirani – 1Yrs
- Respina John – 4Yrs
- Farhati Hashim – 2Yrs
- Khaifa Abraham – 4Yrs
Further to this on 8th March 2016, two volunteers had visited the hospital to witness the surgeries of 3 children and met the families of the patients.
- Raiyani Nyezuna -4Yrs
- Zulfa Yusuf – 1.6 Months
- Emmanuel Nabet – 2.2 Yrs
The volunteers had a chance to visit the children who were operated previously and they were doing fine.
On 11th March 2016 , BAPS Volunteers visited 10 more children who were operated on, namely :
- Magdalena Daniel Kagera – 7Yrs
- Callin Godfrey -DSM – 4Yrs
- Khadijaa Abdala – DSM – 5Yrs
- Nayla Ayub – DSM – 2Yrs
- Sharif Rajabu – DSM – 1.4Yrs
- Zulfa Ali Yusuf – ZNZ – 1.6Yrs
- Emmanuel Nabil – DSM – 2Yrs
- Farhat Dengusi – Tanga – 3Yrs
- Irein Tela – Iringa – 10Yrs’
- Jenifer Emmanuel – 6Months
The volunteers were inspired by the dedication of the medical teams providing the services BAPS Charities is sponsoring and by the opportunities afforded these young children.