BAPS Charities, Canada donated $100,000 on February 23, 2017, to the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto, one of the top five cancer research centers in the world. The donation will support the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation’s Billion Dollar Campaign for Personalized Cancer Care, a multi-faceted, integrated approach towards finding the right treatment, for the right patient, at the right time. BAPS Charities has been serving the community in Canada for many years by hosting medical fairs, walkathons, health awareness seminars, disaster relief operations, blood donation drives, bone marrow registry drives and much more.
The $100,000 cheque was presented to Laura Syron, Vice President, Community Programs, Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation. Paul Alofs, President & CEO, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation sent a message saying, “The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation is honoured to receive such a generous donation from BAPS Charities again this year. Your organization holds a special place in the heart of all of us here at the Foundation, and also in the hearts of the cancer patients and their families who are helped by these funds. BAPS Charities’ unwaveringly generosity, and its long-term commitment to serving others is an inspiration to us all.”
Special guest at the event included:
- Raj Grewal, MP, Brampton East
- The Hon. Dipika Damerla, MPP, Minister Responsible for Seniors Affairs
- Councillor Vincent Crisanti, Ward 1- Etobicoke North, Deputy Mayor of Toronto
- Laura Syron, Vice President, Community Programs, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- Mevish Syed, Manager, Leadership Giving, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation